- Do not handle or go near wildlife, for your safety and theirs!
- The time of year is important to consider when monitoring. Note the active season for each species.
- If you are unsure of how to identify a sighting, contact the host organization or review the provided resources before you submit data.
- Note that certain surveys require a type of training to participate.
- Rescue information is provided for certain species if found injured or distressed.
If you would like to use data from the wildlife monitoring surveys for school projects or other purposes, please reach out to the host of the survey to gain permission to use.
Group for the East End
REQUIRED – Contact the Group’s Outreach and Education Manager, Taralynn Reynolds, email@example.com
February – July
Open water, Shorelines
Taralynn Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastern Turkey Monitoring
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
– Summer Wild Turkey
– Sighting Survey Summer Wild Turkey Survey 2020 Results
– Printed Survey (Can be mailed to Turkey Survey, NYSDEC, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-4754).
Major Geographic Regions of New York State
NYSDEC Bureau of Wildlife –
Albany, NY 518-402-8883