- Do not handle or go near wildlife, for your safety and theirs!
- The time of year is important to consider when monitoring. Note the active season for each species.
- If you are unsure of how to identify a sighting, contact the host organization or review the provided resources before you submit data.
- Note that certain surveys require a type of training to participate.
- Rescue information is provided for certain species if found injured or distressed.
If you would like to use data from the wildlife monitoring surveys for school projects or other purposes, please reach out to the host of the survey to gain permission to use.
Horseshoe Crab Monitoring
Training: Required for CCE/NYSDEC horseshoe crab abundance survey. Attend a scheduled date to volunteer at a specific site to contribute to the survey. See CCE Horseshoe Crab website for more information.
Training is not required to submit horseshoe crab sightings through the Seatuck online survey.