Long Island, NY
- Do not handle or go near wildlife, for your safety and theirs!
- The time of year is important to consider when monitoring. Note the active season for each species.
- If you are unsure of how to identify a sighting, contact the host organization or review the provided resources before you submit data.
- Note that certain surveys require a type of training to participate.
- Rescue information is provided for certain species if found injured or distressed.
Observed Wildlife? Found Evidence of Wildlife Activity?
Navigate the wildlife monitoring surveys by ‘type’ of animal to find the species you are looking for. Before you submit your data to a survey, you should first check to see if training is required to submit data. If training is required, follow the steps provided. If training is not required to submit data, you can proceed to confirm identification, season, and habitat. If you can confirm these, you are ready to click on the survey link to record your community science data! By confirming these things, you can be certain that you are recording accurate data. Happy monitoring!